WHERE WE WORK
We focus our efforts on a forgotten group of People: the Pokot of Western Kenya. People whom we know and love. People we consider dear friends. They are also extremely impoverished, neglected, and marginalized; which is why we are committed to investing in their lives. Over the past thirteen years, we’ve entered into a partnership with the Pokot Outreach Ministry (POM) to provide HOPE –one clean water well at a time.
Ultimately, clean water provides hope for a new future.
Water is our most basic and vital need in life. Without it, nothing can happen. Nothing can grow. But with it, everything changes. Clean water quenches thirst — but it also restores health. With access to clean water, life can be given back to a community. Water is life…and hundreds of millions of people around the world are suffering today because they do not have access to clean water. Hope Water Project is committed to providing clean water by partnering with communities and drilling deep water wells in some of the world’s neediest areas. Our current project is to provide 1,000 new water wells for the Pokot tribe in northwestern Kenya.
WHO WE ARE
Why we do it.
Hope Water Project exists to reveal Jesus through access to clean water. Clean water means saves time and restores health. The hours spent each day looking for water instead becomes time to work, care for children, or go to school.
How we do it.
Hope Water Project works with trusted partners on the ground to drill wells. Through our partner organizations, we steward the appropriate amount of knowledge and resources that are sustained through a high degree of local project ownership. Our project crews navigate unimaginable terrain, drill wells and maintain equipment, and assist in building flourishing communities once clean water is flowing.
Over the past thirteen years over 100 wells have been installed. With each one, villages have grown, lives have been saved, communities have been formed, and thousands of people have heard the Gospel for the first time. We have witnessed firsthand the amazing impact clean water can have.
Support a pastor.
Having a source of water also gives Kensington an opportunity to financially support a pastor in each village — who will provide support for village pastors is energized through the Kensington Fund. Make a gift to support the pastors.
Join our mailing list to stay informed about events, group training schedules and upcoming opportunities to jump in.
Setup A Fundraising Page
Thanks for your commitment to Hope Water Project. By fundraising, you are raising awareness and bringing clean water to the Pokot! Remember that you are not selling a product that people don’t need. You are inviting people to join you in helping to provide the most basic necessity of life – CLEAN WATER.
– Step 1: Login Here
— If you don’t have an account already, click the link to the login page and select Create New Account.
— If you do not remember your login, click the link to the login page and select Forgot Account.
– Step 2: Complete the registration questions. You will be provided the opportunity to personalize your page with photos and text about your story. Tell people why you are doing this. The people who are donating to your are often supporting you just as much as the cause.
– Step 3: Copy your unique URL and share it for people to directly access your fundraising page for donations.
– Step 4: Donate to yourself. Demonstrate your commitment by donating to your own fundraising page!
– You can still fundraise even if you are not participating in one of the main events! Have a bake sale, ask for donations in lieu of gifts – there are many ways to raise money!
– Donate to yourself! It’s a #1 rule – believe in yourself and trust that others will too!
– Don’t be afraid to ask. You will be surprised by who donates. Those people you are most afraid to ask are usually the most generous. If you asked once before, studies show that donors are more likely to donate a second time.
– Get creative. Host a fundraising party, hand out personalized business cards with your web page link, tweet about your training, have a lemonade stand, etc. Have FUN!
– Keep your friends and family updated on your training progress and fundraising goals. Utilize email and social media to share your story!
– Tell people about the Pokot, share videos posted to social media and the HWP website and help others see how they are making a difference.
– Send letters! People love mail, click here for a sample format for your fundraising letter.