Troy Kensington Kids Early Childhood Creative Programmer
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK SUNDAYS AM
To apply for this part-time; 15 hours/week position please send cover letter and resume to . Work days are Saturday and Sunday during services and Wednesday for team meetings.
Direct, develop, and lead the Early Childhood Programming Team. Create monthly family events
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in authentic community, and extend the love of God to those seeking him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington Community Church’s values: In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Open-handedness, Through Others. Possess characteristics that include generosity, wisdom, servant leadership, and humility.
- Education: High School diploma, with college degree in related field preferred
- Experience: Teaching and/or leading early childhood and elementary children in a local church or para-church organization with a proven ability to lead and develop volunteers, build teams, and deliver large group experience appropriate for early childhood and elementary children
- Requirements: Ability to manage multiple tasks and teams, understand how kids best learn, passion for using the arts, communicating Biblical truths in age-appropriate ways. Ability to lead teams of adults and youth, gift of shepherding, and Biblical knowledge. Membership at Kensington Church. Affirmation of the mission, vision, values, and beliefs of Kensington Church
1. Program and execute the Large Group segment of KKids weekend program in designated age group:
- Work closely with the volunteer teachers, musicians, actors, and production to ensure a smooth lesson presentation
- Oversee, develop, and deliver Large Group segment of services for Early Childhood children
- Schedule and direct worship team, teaching volunteers, visual arts, and production teams in coordination with early childhood small groups coordinator and under the direction of Curriculum Dept. and KKids Campus Director
- Setup and tear down large group room and build teams that perform the set-up and/or tear down
- Utilize the most effective methods to reach the early childhood audience; monitor the effectiveness of each service
- Provide feedback to volunteer teams. Care for, pray for and with, encourage, and disciple team members
2. Recruit, build, train, develop, and review the teaching, leadership, and ministry strategies for the volunteer creative teams.
- In planning meetings and correspondence with teachers, include adult level Bible teaching pertaining to the children’s Bible story, and ensure that all aspects of the lesson presentation achieve the objectives set for the lesson.
- Provide weekend lessons to volunteer teachers in a timely manner
3. Along with Elementary CP, organize and promote monthly family/community events (such as: KKids at the park/ Trunk or Treat/ Outdoor Christmas and Easter events/ Advent/ Movie Nights/ etc.). Work with Media department for promotion graphics. Promote on social media
4. Develop and support communication systems and channels between curriculum, small group coordinators, production, and arts departments; support efforts and initiatives of other KC ministries.
5. Participate in the following meetings: DR with KKids Campus Director, Creative Programming, Kensington Kids all-staff, KC all-staff