Troy Kensington Kids Early Childhood Creative Programmer
To apply for this part time; 20 hours/week position please send cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org. Work days are Saturday and Sunday during services and Wednesday for team meetings.
Directs, develops and leads the Early Childhood Creative Programming Team at the campus.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington’s values in his/her Christian life.
Education: High School Diploma, with College degree in related field preferred
Experience: Teaching and/or leading E.C. children in a local church or para-church organization with a proven ability to lead and develop volunteers, build teams and deliver large group experience appropriate for E.C. children.
Requirements: Ability to manage multiple tasks and teams, have understanding of how kids best learn; passion for using the arts; communicating Biblical truths in age appropriate ways; ability to lead teams of adults and youth helpers, gift of shepherding, and Biblical knowledge. Membership at Kensington Church and must affirm mission, vision and values of Kensington Church.
- Program and execute the Large Group segment of KKids Early Childhood weekend program at the campus. Work closely with the volunteer co-teachers, singers, actors and tech team to ensure a smooth lesson presentation. Schedule and direct Puppet/Drama Team, Music Team, Teaching Team, visual arts, and Technical Team and other appropriate teams for weekend services, in coordination with KKids Early Childhood Campus Director. Responsible for setting up and tearing down large group room and build teams that perform the set-up and/or tear down of Large Group. Ensure that all services utilize the most effective methods to reach the early childhood audience; monitor the effectiveness of each service. Provide feedback to team during each service. Care for, pray for and with, encourage, and disciple Team Members.
- Recruit, build, train, develop, and review the teaching skills and ministry strategies for the volunteer creative teams. In planning meetings and correspondence to teachers, include adult level Bible teaching pertaining to the children’s Bible story, and ensure that all aspects of the lesson presentation achieve the objectives set for the lesson. Oversee copying, collating, and mailing of lessons.
- Participate in all required staff meetings, which include regular one-on-one meeting with KKids EC Campus Director, Creative Programming meetings, Kensington Kids all-staff meetings, and KC All Staff meetings.
- Develop and support communication systems and channels between Curriculum staff, Small Group Coordinators, and KKids Tech Director.
- Assume any other duties or responsibilities as directed by KKids Director (e.g. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and special campus events)