Troy Kensington Kids Coordinator
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK SUNDAYS AM
To apply for this part-time; 15 hours/week position please send cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org. Must be available Sundays and during the week for meetings.
- Coordinate and oversee all functions of Early Childhood or Elementary small group development at KCC campus.
- Direct, develop, support and shepherd SG leaders. Ensure that small groups are running smoothly, that small group objectives are met, and that relationships are forming.
- Provide encouragement, engagement, and support to KKids families and volunteers. Develop and create regular opportunities that create connection with volunteers, parents, and children both in the church and in the community so they can grow in friendships and faith.
- Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ, and extend the love of God to those seeking him.
- Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington Church’s values of In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Openhandedness and Through Others in his/her Christian life.
- Possess characteristics that include humility, teachability, organization, teamwork, discernment, wisdom, positivity, and strategic agility. Must work extremely well with others.
- Education: High School diploma
- Experience: Participation in small group, experience in leading and shepherding a team or small group.
- Requirements: Membership at Kensington Community Church. Affirmation of the mission, vision, values, and beliefs of Kensington Community Church. Ability to manage multiple tasks, enjoy children, administrative skills, ability to recruit, lead, develop teams of adults and youth volunteers, gift of shepherding, skill at team building.
1. Recruit, train, develop, and shepherd team of volunteers for Sunday services and oversee Sunday services (about 32-40 hours month)
- Provide weekly curriculum and updates and ensure that it is understood and implemented
- Set-up and tear down rooms
- Evaluate the effectiveness of small groups and provide feedback to the leader. Place children into groups or remove them as needed throughout the year
- Participate in volunteer connection, development, and recognition opportunities as determined by team and own initiative (such as coffee or a meal with a volunteer, kick-off, celebrations)
- Encourage/host a volunteer meet up once a month (such as pizza or treats/get together before a midweek)
- Encourage, have conversations with, pray for, send recognitions, meet one on one for interviews and support, challenge spiritually, and ensure spiritual care and accountability
2. Family engagement (about 10 hours/ month)
- Create and develop ways to engage parents and children with the goal of building deeper, long-lasting relationships through connection events in the community and in church (such as monthly family events/ monthly in-person connection with KKids families). This can be done as a team and individually
- Connect with parents and children through intentional prayer, emails, individual campus FB group, phone calls, cards
- Nursery Coordinator: Oversee the details of baby baptisms/dedications at Troy Campus. Set up online registration for classes and ceremonies. Assist in conducting virtual classes for parents. Communicate with parents and keep them informed regarding the classes and ceremonies. Create the visual content for the ceremony.
3. Participate in all required staff meetings (10 hours/month, varies by week):
- DR with KKids campus director: 1 hour/month
- Coordinators: 1 hour/ month
- KKids Troy: 1 ½ hours/month
- KKids own team: 1 ½ hours/ month
- Troy Core: 3 hours/ month
- KC all-staff meetings: 2 hours/month