Troy Discipleship Director
To apply for this full time position please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
This position is designed to support the Troy Teaching & Small Groups Pastor in creating, developing and maintaining a broad array of opportunities for spiritual growth at Kensington. Success will be measured by increase in engagement and spiritual development of our community, in person and online, as well as the deployment of leaders.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the Body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking Him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington’s values in his/her Christian life.
- Competence: Undergraduate degree in related field preferred. Experience leading or coaching small groups or ministry teams in a local church or para-church organization. Proven ability to recruit, train, and deploy leaders. Has demonstrated a strong ability to communicate truth and grace in both one-on-one relationships and larger groups.
- Chemistry: Has an affinity with Kensington Leadership and vision.
- Character: Teachability, humility, moral/ethical integrity, the desire to grow spiritually.
- Calling: Expresses and has confirmation of a desire and call to lead in full time ministry at KC. Affirmation of the mission, values and beliefs of Kensington.
- Requirements: Membership at Kensington Community Church. Passion for spiritual formation and to see people take the next step in their spiritual journey.
- Work with Troy Campus Teaching and Small Groups Pastor, central discipleship team and cross-campus discipleship directors to create, execute and maintain next step strategies that lead to promoting and creating opportunities for every[one] to find community and grow spiritually. These include, but are not limited to groups within the church, in homes, business, schools/universities, virtually, etc.
- Plan and execute training and workshops for group leaders.
- Work with Troy Campus Teaching and Small Groups Pastor to ensure all Kensington groups are rooted in our central mission and values.
- Recruit, train and coach leaders for groups, courses and other next step opportunities created at the campus level or church-wide.
- Be available and accessible to meet with leaders, providing regular encouragement and support.
- Serve as a connector for those who desire to take a next step in their spiritual growth.
- Maintain and update the database and website with regards to groups, classes, and next step events.
- Work in collaboration with the cross-campus Discipleship Director team to execute church-wide initiatives
- Lead campus connections for both in person and online Kensington and champion next steps/engagement
- Planning and promoting of Connection events and onboard/processing of new Group leaders and renewals
- Support leaders in room reservations and digital group experience
- Data collection and report on outcomes from courses, groups, events, etc.