Troy Associate Student Ministries Director
To apply for this full time position please send cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org
Coordinates content, production teams, and physical spaces in order to create unforgettable and transformative weekly ministry environments for Breakaway (Middle School) and Edge (High School) ministries. You win when the ministry environment engages the next generation with the message of God’s story and meaningfully connects them with a team of small group leaders who are investing in them relationally.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ, and extend the love of God to those seeking him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington Community Church’s values: In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Open-handedness, Through Others.
Competence: Undergraduate degree in related field preferred. Training in Leadership and management helpful. Proven ability to lead and develop leaders, build teams, and cast vision for a high impact church.
Chemistry: Has an affinity with Kensington Leadership and vision.
Character: Teachability, humility, moral/ethical integrity, the desire to grow spiritually.
Calling: Expresses and has confirmation of a desire and call to lead in full time ministry at KCC. Affirmation of the mission, values and beliefs of Kensington.
Requirements: Membership at Kensington Community Church.
- Create student environments that churched, unchurched, and never churched students will love and want to invite friends to.
- Lead worship leader for Edge and Breakaway.
- Coach and mentor, up and coming student worship leaders.
- Develop, recruit, train and on-board teams to lead and schedule, musicians, actors and tech volunteers to ensure a quality and effective service is produced.
- Teach at Edge or Breakaway 2/3x a month.
- Lead programmer for Edge and Breakaway services. Plan supplies needed and gather each week.
- Own and lead Student Ministry team on Social Media content
- Help create consistent and creative content for communicating with parents.
- Partner with campus arts team in aligning worship culture of Kensington Church.
- Help plan and attend- Events, retreat, camps, local outreach, etc… in collaboration with the Student Ministry team.
- Attend a weekly student ministry staff mtg
- Attend a weekly central student ministry staff mtg
- Attend a bi-weekly Troy Campus staff mtg
- Attend a monthly all staff mtg