Campus: Traverse City
Traverse City Campus Children’s Ministry Director
To apply for this full-time position in Traverse City, Michigan please send cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org
To lead a thriving Children’s Ministry where children are transformed and families are mobilized through engaging large group and small group environments.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the Body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking Him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington’s values in his/her Christian life.
- Competence: Undergraduate degree in related field preferred. Training in Leadership and management helpful. Proven ability to lead and develop leaders, build teams, and cast vision for a high impact church.
- Chemistry: Has an affinity with Kensington Leadership and vision.
- Character: Teachability, humility, moral/ethical integrity, the desire to grow spiritually.
- Calling: Expresses and has confirmation of a desire and call to lead in full time ministry at KC. Affirmation of the mission, values and beliefs of Kensington.
- Requirements: Membership at Kensington Community Church.
- Recruit and develop small group leaders and volunteers willing to serve weekly in Kensington Kids environments.
Recruit and schedule childcare for campus events.
- Communicator for Kensington Kids Large Group environment. Train and develop Kensington Kids teaching team
- Train and develop Kensington Kids worship leaders
- Train and develop Kensington Kids tech volunteers
- Using Orange curriculum – refine series and content to fit local context
- Lead process for creating an engaging environment for Kensington Kids (including production, music, stage design, etc.)
- Develop meaningful relationships with kids, leaders, parents, and attenders at our campus and within our community.
- Partner with parents to empower them to grow faith at home.
- Create, implement, and lead Kensington Kids campus specific events.
- Creatively establish presence at elementary school partner (Traverse Heights Elementary)
- Communicate and integrate effectively with operations/administrative team to ensure measurable data.
- Create and implement training events.
- Assist with campus-wide events.
- Attend all staff meetings; Kensington Kids Director meetings.