School Partners Volunteer Coordinator
To apply for this part time; 15 hrs per week position please send cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org
The primary role of the School Partners Volunteer Coordinator will be to support and encourage the relationships between our School Partners volunteers and the needs in our partner schools utilizing a coaching strategy. The position will interface with the School Partners Director and team and School Partners volunteer team leaders.
CHARACTER: Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ, and extend the love of God to those seeking Him. Show a strong commitment to Kensington’s mission to see every[one] transformed and mobilized by Jesus. Be an honoring advocate for the under-resourced school staff, children and families living in the communities near each of our campuses and the vision for serving in schools as Kingdom building, transformative outreach.
Commitment: Passion to support Kensington volunteers and teams in our partner schools and to help wisely steward the resources and ‘wins’ as these connections build the Kingdom in the under-resourced communities proximate to our Kensington campuses.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Demonstrates the ability to work with volunteer or staff led teams and the ability to work administratively using computer skills.
Characteristics: Great listener to God and people, resourceful vision-casting connector, great organizer, strong written and oral communicator, comfortable working and communicating in the team but functioning well on your own, enjoys people.
Skills: Good at creating systems and processes, phone/email skills, knowledge working with Microsoft Office products and cloud file storage systems (Dropbox, etc.).
Requirements: Membership or in process of membership at Kensington Church. Affirmation of the mission, vision, values, and beliefs of Kensington Church and ability to meet the clearance criteria for our partner schools/districts.
- Identify and train volunteers within partner schools that has the ability to lead teams and/or coach leaders.
- Provide coaching to any volunteers serving in a local school. The desire is to raise up the current volunteers to lead the program and others within their schools.
- Document stories of how God is moving in the lives of students, teachers and volunteers for social media.
- Manage volunteer appreciation.
- Manage the application process for anyone serving in schools.
- Provide support for school related events.
- Make connections for Intentional Acts of Love activities as time and strategy allows.