Orion Worship Arts Director
To apply for this full time position please send cover letter, resume and worship links to HR@kensingtonchurch.org.
Responsible for the execution of the campus weekend services, and all other high-profile events. Recruit teams to accomplish all artistic needs for each event. Work closely with other campus arts directors to develop strategies for artistic, spiritual, and organizational development.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking Him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington Community Church’s values in his/her Christian life. Emotionally aware and mature.
- Education: Undergraduate degree in a related field preferred. Training in leadership and management helpful.
- Experience:Demonstrated ability to cast artistic vision.Experience in large local church ministry.Past success in team/band building.Worship leadership in a large church setting.
- Requirements: Affirmation of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of Kensington Community Church.
- Highly skilled worship leader in the style of Passion City Church, Northpoint, Elevation, Hillsong, Bethel, etc.
- Proficiency on at least one musical instrument.
- Strong vocal ability
- Proven leader, team builder and people developer
Nice to have” skills
- Proficiency in Planning Center Online
- Past success in managing and leading employees
- Proficiency with Photoshop and Google Docs
- Work Ethic: A STRONG work ethic, positive attitude and “get it done” mindset.
SERVICE DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work within the current arts team structure to implement the weekend plan with all of its elements.
- Create excellent and impactful weekend experiences that are consistently high in quality and passion.
- Collaborate with Central arts and Campus leadership team to build a cohesive and compelling vision for each weekend service.
- Lead and develop the Production Team and Music Director so that you work seamlessly implementing the weekly service vision.
- Develop worship leaders that match the style and quality expectations of Kensington.
- Lead worship regularly on weekends. Become the face of worship at the Campus.
- Lead the Orion Music Director and process to develop cohesive bands each week with stage presence and the skill necessary to lead the church toward powerful worship moments.
- Lead the Production Manager to develop the “eye” for what a service and its transitions should look like to the extent that each of you can operate in the role of service director.
Direct Reports: Production Team – Audio, Production Manager, Live Video, Lighting/ Facility Tech and Orion Music Director