Lead Pastor Traverse City Campus
Kensington Traverse City is seeking a new lead pastor. This local church campus has unlimited potential in Northern Michigan and beyond. It’s part of a dynamic high-impact, multi-site movement headquartered 230 miles south in a suburb outside of Detroit. The church was formerly called Bay Pointe Community Church and was adopted by Kensington in 2016. Kensington was established in 1991 and has six locations with a total average attendance of 13,000 people and 240 staff. The Traverse City campus currently averages 600 people.
Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, tucked away in the northwest corner of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula, won the title of “Good Morning America’s” Most Beautiful Place in America.
The area affords tremendous recreational opportunities while being a place that attracts young people as well as seasoned adults in their retirement years. https://www.barna.com/research/church-attendance-trends-around-country/
About the New Lead Pastor
This man or woman must have a passion, “To see every(one) transformed and mobilized by Jesus.” The ideal candidate will fully embrace the church’s mission, vision, values and strategies while celebrating the unique DNA that has developed over 30 years. This called point leader will have:
- An ability to deeply connect with others
- A hunger to see the church multiply in the region
- A gift of preaching and teaching with power, clarity and spiritual authority
- A combination of humility, vulnerability and strong will
- An absence of ego, with collaboration being a “go-to” default
- A high level of emotional intelligence
- A desire for teamwork and goodwill
- A propensity towards fun and joy
- A burn to cast vision
- A background in large church contexts, preferably multi-site movements
- A history serving in a teaching team model
- A drive to create and sustain momentum and campus health
- An overwhelming desire to see people connected in community
- An ease and confidence in building bridges between generations
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a degree from a theologically aligned university, and a proven track record of growing a church or campus.
Please send resume, cover letter and video sermon to firstname.lastname@example.org