To apply for this full-time position please send cover letter, resume, and sample links (required) to HR@kensingtonchurch.org
Do you want to be part of a dedicated creative team that thinks outside the box? Are you looking for variety in design work? Designers at Kensington Church push the boundaries of what “church design” can look like. Often avoiding the traditional, Kensington likes to find new ways to present the message of Jesus. That gives designers at Kensington a unique and fulfilling opportunity to try new things. Sound like a good fit?
The Media team at Kensington Church is committed to the highest standard of creative excellence. Graphic Designers at Kensington create engaging culturally relevant designs for any and all print and digital applications.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ, and extend the love of God to those seeking him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington Community Church’s values: In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Open-handedness, Through Others.
- Education: Degree in graphic design or equivalent experience
- Experience: 5+ years design experience preferred. Agency/Studio background in design preferred.
- Proficiency: Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/Indesign) required. Proficiency in After Effects is a plus.
- Commitment: Commitment to Kensington Church including affirmation of our mission, values, and beliefs required.
- Along with other designers, work to create and approve designs that maintain standard of excellence and brand quality.
- Collaborate, mentor, and train other members of design team as needed.
- Guide clients (ministry leaders) through design process from request through final product.
- Brand Maintenance: maintain existing brand guidelines for the organization.
- Print: Work with clients and printers (attending press checks as needed) to produce high-quality books, flyers, mailers, posters, signs, print ads, brochures, apparel, etc.
- Digital: Design graphics to support Kensington’s website, social media, events, services, etc.
- Service Support: Along with producers, musicians, stage managers, etc., help plan/brand weekend and midweek message series and standalone events. Collaborate to ensure the final stage/support graphics evoke the intended emotional and artistic vision.
- Creative Contribution: Kensington’s graphic designers must collaborate creatively in meetings, contributing to the ideation process. Graphic designers help influence Kensington’s visual direction.