Global Short Term Missions Coordinator
To apply for this part-time, 24-hour/week, position please send cover letter and resume to
The primary role of the Short-term Trips Coordinator will be to provide operational and administrative support for all of Kensington’s short-term trips. The position will interface with the Partnership Director, finance department, volunteer trip leaders and global staff.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ, and extend the love of God to those seeking him. Show a strong commitment to living Kensington’s values in their life: In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Open-handedness, Through Others.
- Commitment: Passion to assist the people to be the hands and feet of Jesus in the world
- Experience: Demonstrates the ability to work with volunteer or staff led teams and to manage projects through completion.
- Characteristics: Innovative, self starter, strong written communication, team player, enjoys people, proactive, detail oriented, and ability to multitask.
- Skills: Strong project management ability with extensive knowledge working with Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to manage and reconcile financial spread sheets.
- Requirements: Affirmation of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of Kensington Community Church.
- Creating and managing the annual short-term trip calendar in coordination with the Partnership Director
- Working with communications to ensure short-term trips are represented on the website
- Processing contributions and expenses and reconciling trip budgets in coordination with the finance office.
- Evaluating short-term trip training and performing process improvements as needed
- Leading trips to ensure training is effective and to evaluate process improvements, a maximum of twice a year.
- Rock Database Work:
- Trip set-up
- Fundraising Monitoring
- Edits/Changes/Problem solving
- Background checks/Security Training checks
- Deposit checks
- Check requests Intacct
- Trip reconciliations
- Paying for flights/In-country costs
- Nexonia/Nexonia training
- Cash Advances
- Other Admin:
- Docusign/Docusign problem solving
- Room reservations
- Trip Manuals/Devotionals
- Coaching team leaders on administrative functions of leading their teams
- Meetings with partners and Parternship Director about teams
- Security training prep
- Future trip trainings
- Communications/Marketing strategy
- Lead Trips (max 2x per year)