Campus: Clinton Township
Clinton Township Campus KKids Elementary Coordinator
To apply for this part-time; 15 hrs/week position please send a cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org. Must be available to work Sundays.
Coordinate and oversee all functions of Early Childhood or Elementary small group development at KCC campus. Direct, develop, support, and shepherd SG leaders. Ensure that small groups are running smoothly, that small group objectives are met, and that relationships are forming.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ, and extend the love of God to those seeking him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington Church’s values of In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Openhandedness and Through Others in his/her Christian life. Possess characteristics that include humility, teachability, organization, teamwork, discernment, wisdom, and strategic agility. Must work extremely well with others.
Education: High School diploma
Experience: Participation in a small group, experience in leading and shepherding a team or small group.
Requirements: Membership at Kensington Community Church. Affirmation of the mission, vision, values, and beliefs of Kensington Community Church. Ability to manage multiple tasks, enjoy children, administrative skills, ability to recruit, lead, develop teams of adults and youth volunteers, gift of shepherding, skill at team building.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd a team of SG leaders for weekend services. Provide them with a weekly curriculum and work alongside them. Encourage, have conversations with, pray for, send recognitions to, meet one on one for interviews, challenge them spiritually, and ensure that there is spiritual care and accountability.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of SG by monitoring the interaction of the group and providing feedback to the leaders. Ensure that the curriculum is understood and implemented. Email leaders weekly for connection and curriculum updates. Place children into groups or remove them as needed throughout the year. Follow up with phone calls if a child has missed four consecutive weeks.
- Ensure SG rooms are set-up and torn-down. Be a good steward of resources.
- Participate in all required staff meetings which include direct report with KKids campus director, age-aligned curriculum meetings, campus team meetings, KCC all-staff meetings.
- Participate in volunteer development and recognition opportunities as determined by own initiative as well as opportunities set as KKids departmental objectives (e.g. volunteer training night, volunteer celebration, campus events, leadership development events).
- Assume any other duties or responsibilities as directed by KKids director.