Campus: Clinton Township
Clinton Stage/ Production Manager
To apply for this full-time position please send cover letter and resume to HR@KensingtonChurch.org
Responsible for managing the processes of the Clinton Production Department. Partnership with Clinton Production Staff to provide preparation, scheduling, and training. Event support with key role as Stage Manager and always with the goal of training and development.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington’s values: In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Open-handedness, Through Others.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in live production
- Experience working with all areas of live production. Experience leading artists and technicians. Ability to lead superiors. Ability to manage complex projects.
- Affirmation of the mission, vision, values, of Kensington.
- Ability to recruit, train, and lead emerging leaders and volunteers.
Project Management – Weekends, Midweeks, Events:
- Event Preparation – Partner with Clinton Production Staff to ensure that that pre-production is excellent.
- Lead process with PD to ensure accurate diagram for every event.
- Prep Audio Engineer with expectation of needs for artists and clear cue list.
- Prep Lighting Designer with producer vision, blocking notes, and clear cue list.
- Prep Video Director with producer vision, blocking notes, and clear cue list.
- Team Scheduling.
- Assist in managing stage turn process.
Innovation – Partner with Production Staff to always look for ways to improve process and/or systems. Always pursuing the greatest intersection of stewardship and creativity.
- Stage Manager – Prep for every scheduled Stage Manager with team scheduling, confirmations, rehearsal schedule, producer vision, blocking notes, and clear cue list
- Lead the SM to lead the rest of the crew.
- Lead process in partnership with Clinton Production Staff to schedule every seat filled for every Clinton Event.
- Service / Event Support.
- Provide coverage for Weekend and Midweek Services as well as special events.
- Primary discipline is Stage Manager in the chair for all but 2 events per month.
- Work as an advisor (“eyes in the room”) with core team on live service elements for excellent artistic execution.
- Be a temperature setter in the room, leading the team towards flexibility, grace and Jesus.
- Team Participation – Engage actively in all scheduled meetings.
- Staff meetings, production meetings, direct report meetings with Clinton Production Director.
Clinton Arts & Production Planning:
- Schedule CT Arts & Production meetings
- Lead CT planning meetings for Sunday & mid-week services
- Lead CT Arts & Production Sunday team meetings
- Schedule & communicate with weekly Greeter
- Communicate mid-week theme / series & set list to basecamp
- Productions upkeep for planning center teams & templets
- Create and update planning center series & events
- Sunday & mid-week communication to various staff as needed with auditorium details
- Central series planning meetings and follow up
- Communicate with teacher on series, notes, message support & details
- Trained in Rock for volunteer teams and vetting
- Partner with Clinton Staff in recruiting, developing, and discipling the volunteers. We will have ever evolving transformed and mobilized teams.
- Train someone at least 50% of the times while scheduled in a task – Development, Discipleship, Mobilization.
- Assist in scheduling turn team volunteers.
- Training and leadership in the process we follow that ensures excellence for every event.
- Baptism point person for stories for the auditorium
- Availability for Kensington Central events such as Move Out Gathering, All-Campus Baptisms, retreats, etc.