Clarkston Portability Director
To apply for this part time; 10 hours per week position please send cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org. Must be available on Friday or Saturday and Sundays.
This position requires a dependable person who will provide the transportation of the campus trailers to and from their storage locations in time for service implementation. This person is responsible for getting everything the campus needs to the public school site early Sunday morning and then returning it Sunday afternoon. Trailers are to be in place at the campus by 6:30 AM. This includes materials from the Troy office as well as the trailers. This person must have a desire to serve and to lead others in serving, as they lead the set up & tear down teams on Sundays to transform the public school into Kensington Church.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington Community Church’s values: In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Open-handedness, Through Others.
Experience: Driving tow vehicles and trailers (preferred, we can teach you). Leading people to accomplish goals.
Requirements: Must have driving record that supports Kensington vehicle policy. Affirmation of the mission, vision, values, and beliefs of Kensington.
- Communicate regularly with the campus director to confirm all weekend details.
- Transport truck, To/From Case, video drives and miscellaneous sundries to & from Troy office.
- Have all three trailers in place by 6:30a Sunday mornings. Lead volunteers to set everything up, including outdoor signage.
- Lead the volunteers to tear everything down, return trailers to parking area.
- Assist in repairing cases, trailers, truck and gear. Assist in dropping off/picking up for vendor repairs.
- Return the truck with a full tank of gas Sunday afternoon.
Friday or Saturday: 2 hours – pick up truck & to/from case from Troy
Sunday 6:30-1:30 PM: 6-7 hours – trailers in place, set up, services, tear down, trailers parked, truck returned
Weekly: 1 hour – intentionally recruit/disciple set-up and tear-down volunteers