Clarkston KKids Early Childhood Coordinator
To apply for this part time; 15 hrs per week position please send cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org. Must be available on Sundays for service(s) at Clarkston Campus.
Coordinate and oversee all functions of early childhood classrooms at Kensington Clarkston campus. Direct, develop, encourage, support and shepherd small group leaders and volunteers. Ensure that small groups are running smoothly, that small group objectives are met, and that relationships are forming between volunteers and kids. Prepare and teach large group lesson and/or develop volunteer teachers to lead large group.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God and live in community with those you are leading and being lead by, and extend the love of God to others. Be a person of peace with a teachable spirit.
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: Hands-on experience with infants and young toddlers; experience in recruiting, leading and shepherding a team or small group.
- Requirements: Ability to manage multiple tasks, enjoy infants and young children, administrative skills, ability to lead teams of adults and youth helpers, gift of shepherding, skilled at team building; gifts of service, shepherding, encouragement helpful.
- Model Family on Mission with our KKids team. Encourage, challenge and pray for team members. Invite KKids team members into your life and spend time with them outside of the weekend service.
- Cast vision and reinforce the KKids mission to ENGAGE kids and INSPIRE parents on their spiritual journey.
- Recruit, train and shepherd Small Group leaders. Email leaders weekly with curriculum and updates ahead of time and work alongside them.
- Prepare for large group lesson. Recruit, train, and shepherd large group teachers.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Small Groups by monitoring the interaction of the group and provide feedback to leaders. Ensure that the curriculum is understood and implemented.
- Lead KKids volunteers in setting up and tearing down classrooms and tables in the hallways.
- Administrative duties pertaining to small groups and volunteers
- Participate in all required meetings: one on one meetings with Campus Director, KKids Director and monthly EC coordinator and CP meetings, KCC all staff meetings, Clarkston campus all staff.
- Oversee Operations table and volunteers and keep supplies stocked.
- Assist KKids Director with Baby Dediction and parent classes.
- Assist KKids Director with events (Baby Dedication and parent classes, Easter and Christmas productions).
- Participate in volunteer development and recognition opportunities (e.g. volunteer training night, volunteer celebration, campus events, leadership development events).
- Welcome kids and families with love and excitement!