Clarkston Kensington Kids Director
To apply for this part time; 29 hours/week position please send cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org
Direct all Kensington Kids ministry functions for Clarkston Campus and ensure families are being sourced for optimum spiritual growth. Direct, develop, support and sustain community among staff and volunteers.
Demonstrating the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community as a family on mission with those in the body of Christ and extend the love of God to others. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington’s values in their life. Possess characteristics that include: humility, teachability, organization, teamwork, discernment, wisdom and strategic agility. Must work extremely well with others. Be a person of peace with a teachable spirit, always open to hear from the Lord.
- Education: Undergraduate degree preferred, especially in the areas of ministry, education and/or child development.
- Experience: Leading children’s ministry in a local church or Para church organization with a proven ability to lead and develop volunteers, build teams and cast vision.
- Requirements: Membership at Kensington Community Church. Affirmation of the mission, values, and beliefs of Kensington and Kensington Kids.
- Model Family on Mission with our KKids team. Encourage, challenge and pray for team members. Invite KKids team members into your life and spend time with them outside of the weekend service.
- Recruit, train, and develop all key volunteers, Coordinators and Creative Programmers who reach a level of excellence. Give effective feedback with specific ways for each to improve. Provide opportunities for further training. Care for, pray for, encourage and disciple key volunteers and KKids staff members.
- Ensure continuity and effectiveness across all KKids campus programs. Understand and implement all policies and procedures. Develop and support teamwork among Coordinators, Creative Programmers, Tech team and Curriculum Manager. Lead regularly scheduled team meetings to ensure team is prepared for all scheduled programs and events. Plan and manage all areas within budget.
- Adhere to KKids objective to attract, train and support volunteers. Participate in volunteer development and recognition opportunities as determined by own initiative as well as opportunities set as KKids departmental objectives (e.g. recruiting, volunteer training/ vision night, volunteer celebration, leadership development events). Care for, pray for and with, encourage and disciple key volunteers. Participate in other duties as they arise. Connect, communicate and support families to ensure that parents are resourced for optimum spiritual growth at home.
- Have knowledge of Rock database
- Oversee KKids events (Club 4/5 retreat, IgNight45, Baby Dedication etc) with the EC Coordinator and K5 Coordinator.
- Participate in all required staff meetings, which include: One-on-one meetings with Campus Director, One-on-one meetings with key volunteers, KKids Directors meetings, Creative Programming meetings, KKids Campus Team meetings, KKids all-staff meetings, Campus Core Meetings, and KCC all-staff meetings.