Clarkston Community Connector
To apply for this Part Time; 20 hours per week position please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
To create, cultivate and catalyze a connection culture at the campus and in the community by calibrating an atmosphere of high invitation and high challenge. This is accomplished via connection, recruitment, training, development and deployment of leaders at every level of development in their walk with Jesus.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ in accordance with the doctrine and practices of Kensington Community Church. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington’s values of In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Openhandedness and Through Others in all areas of life.
- Education– Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Experience– Three years of leading or coaching small groups or ministry teams in a local church or para-church organization. Proven ability to recruit, train, and deploy leaders. Has demonstrated a strong ability to communicate truth and grace (high invitation and high challenge) in both one-on-one relationships and larger groups. Have a natural strength and ability to network across the entire organization and within the surrounding communities while promoting a sense of good will and well-being.
- Requirements– Membership at Kensington Church; affirmation of the mission, vision and values of Kensington.
- Develop a clear and visible strategy for connecting people into small groups.
- Develop a process for the connection, recruitment, training, development and deployment of leaders at every level in their walk with Jesus. Looking for leaders who can not only lead but can develop other leaders to do the same.
- Spend one on one time with leaders to disciple and train them to become leaders of other leaders.
- Connect with every new guest that visits the church on Sunday by the following Tuesday via phone call and/or email. Goal is to get them connected/plugged in and tend to any needs.
- Each ministry year, bring 8-10 key leaders through the Discipleship Coaching Module. Once complete, assign coaches to small group leaders.
- Be present in the lobby on Sunday’s before and after service. Network and represent Kensington Clarkston with members of the community to support different needs and help get the congregation connected.
- Attend Clarkston staff meetings