Church Planting Catalyst & Orion Campus Teaching Pastor
We are looking for someone who is passionate and experienced in church planting and is a gifted teacher of the Word.
To apply for this full time position please send video teaching links, cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org
This dual role assumes all responsibilities as the Church Planting Catalyst, along with being a teaching pastor at the Orion Campus.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington Community Church’s values: In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Open-handedness, Through Others.
- Education: College degree preferred.
- Experience: Demonstrated experience in church planting, or high passion for planting churches and demonstrates a teachability to be developed in this role. Years of experience speaking regularly.
- Requirements: Membership at Kensington Community Church. Affirmation of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of Kensington Community Church.
CHURCH PLANTING DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work along-side the director of church planting to see Kensington’s four phase strategy for planting churches locally, and nationally carried out. (Development / Diversity / Collaboration / Care)
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the CP department such as calls, connections, assessment interviews, and event planning details.
- Assist in redeveloping and launching the local Church Planting Network that has been developed over the last two decades that includes new and old friends to church planting in the region.
- Coach (or find others to coach) the church planters that desire mentoring or oversight.
- Represent the interests of church planting around Kensington as well as intentionally with each campus pastor.
ORION TEACHING PASTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make Orion Campus the place where the family attends and is involved
- Attend Orion team meetings
- Attend Orion team retreats
- Provide leadership to Orion team where needed
- Considering schedule and availability:
- Speak at Orion on weekends as needed
- Speak at Orion midweeks as needed
- Speak at other Orion functions such as Bible studies, prayer breakfasts, serving events, or any campus related event needing a speaker