Birmingham Student Ministry Assistant Director
To apply for this Full-Time position, please send cover letter and resume to .
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK SUNDAYS
This person is responsible for helping support Student Ministries at KC Birmingham specifically engaging volunteer coordinators and cultivating community within student ministries.
This is a developmental role that will cross-train in all areas of Birmingham Student Ministries, including, family ministry, lesson planning, event strategy, cultivating, and coordinating volunteers.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Directing, developing, supporting, and shepherding SG leaders
- Assisting the Birmingham Student Ministries Director in creating authentic community for every student to be transformed and mobilized by Jesus
- Create and assist parents in building community and support with other like-minded parents to create God-centered families across Kensington
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ, and extend the love of God to those seeking him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington Church’s values of In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Openhandedness, and Through Others in his/her Christian life. Possess characteristics that include: humility, teachability, organization, teamwork, discernment, wisdom, and strategic agility. Must work extremely well with others.
1. Education: Undergraduate degree in related field preferred. Training in Leadership and management helpful.
2. Experience: Proven ability to lead and develop leaders, build teams, and cast vision for a high-impact church.
3. Requirements: Affirmation of the mission, vision and values of Kensington Church. Teachability, humility, moral/ethical integrity, the desire to grow spiritually. Expresses and has confirmation of a desire and call to lead in full time ministry at KCC.
1. Walk alongside Student Ministry Director (SMD) and learn all aspects of leading in Student Ministries in preparation for a leadership role moving forward.
- Lead with Student Ministry Director in ministry planning and vision.
- Align with KC Central Students and Implement KC vision within the Student Ministries.
- Attend weekly KC Central meetings for Edge & Breakaway.
- Work towards building a stronger family ministry within all KKids and Student Ministries at Kensington Birmingham.
2. Connection and Care of Students and Groups
- Care for and grow students
- Care for students outside of the services.
- Connect with students.
- Work with SMD to connect students into discipleship opportunities.
- Develop meaningful relationships with students, leaders, parents and attenders at Birmingham Campus.
- Care for and grow leaders.
- Communicate weekly with leaders.
- Set up monthly training for leaders.
- Recruit, train and develop the leaders along with the vision from the Student Director.
3. Event Operations and Communications.
- Work with SMD with planning and executing events (within services, outreach and other partnerships)
- Work with SMD communicating student event information to parents, leaders, and students.
4. Campus Responsibilities
- Attend and participate in weekly student ministry meetings, bi-weekly campus meetings, and regular DRs with SMD.
As per the direction of the SMD director, join the Birmingham Campus team with campus-wide projects, events, and services as needed.