THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Ultimately, clean water provides hope for a new future.
Water is our most basic and vital need in life. Without it, nothing can happen. Nothing can grow. But with it, everything changes. Clean water quenches thirst — but it also restores health. With access to clean water, life can be given back to a community. Water is life…and hundreds of millions of people around the world are suffering today because they do not have access to clean water. Hope Water Project is committed to providing clean water by partnering with communities and drilling deep water wells in some of the world’s neediest areas. Our current project is to provide 1,000 new water wells for the Pokot tribe in northwestern Kenya.
WHERE WE WORK
We focus our efforts on a forgotten group of People: the Pokot. People whom we know and love. People we consider dear friends. They are also extremely impoverished, neglected, and marginalized; which is why we are committed to investing in their lives. Over the past thirteen years, we’ve entered into a partnership with the Pokot Outreach Ministry (POM) to provide HOPE –one clean water well at a time.
GET INVOLVED: WAYS TO SUPPORT HWP
Join a Team - 2019 Season
Congratulations on your decision to join Hope Water Project! We are here to help you! Please review the following steps carefully and email email@example.com with any questions you may have.
1. Register for the event! From the list below, navigate to the appropriate website to register for the ride/race.
- Hope Water Project Kickoff (4/13/19) LEARN MORE
- Hope Water Project 5th Annual 5K (6/22/19) REGISTER HERE
- Assenmacher Cycling Tour (8/18/19) REGISTER HERE *Once you receive your confirmation of registration, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detroit Free Press Marathon (10/19/19 – 10/20/19) REGISTER HERE *You will be prompted to select your charity partner, please be sure to select “Hope Water Project”.
2. Review the information! Visit the “Resources” link on the Hope Water Project website for important information about the team and the individual training plans.
3. Purchase your jersey! Go here to purchase one today!
4. Connect! Be sure to connect with us on social media and learn more about the amazing community of people to train with and gain support from! In addition to our main Hope Water Project Facebook page, there are individual groups you can follow that provide updates from the local community!
HWP Resource Packets
We have put together information for you that will help as you prepare for your event!
- The team packet includes information about the Hope Water Project, our general team instructions, contacts and event information.
Setup Your Fundraising Page
Click here for instructions on how to setup and personalize your fundraising page!
- The training plans are broken out by event type. Download the appropriate plan and start today!
5th Annual 5K - Troy (6/22/19)
Assenmacher Cycling Tour (8/18/19)
Sleeping Bear 5K (10/05/19) Traverse City
Detroit Free Press Marathon (10/20/19) Detroit
Why we do it
Hope Water Project exists to reveal Jesus through access to clean water. Clean water means saves time and restores health. The hours spent each day looking for water instead becomes time to work, care for children, or go to school.
How we do it
Hope Water Project works with trusted partners on the ground to drill wells. Through our partner organizations, we steward the appropriate amount of knowledge and resources that are sustained through a high degree of local project ownership. Our project crews navigate unimaginable terrain, drill wells and maintain equipment, and assist in building flourishing communities once clean water is flowing.
Over the past thirteen years over 100 wells have been installed. With each one, villages have grown, lives have been saved, communities have been formed, and thousands of people have heard the Gospel for the first time. We have witnessed firsthand the amazing impact clean water can have.
Support a Pastor
Having a source of water also gives Kensington an opportunity to financially support a pastor in each village — who will provide support for village pastors is energized through the Kensington Fund. Make a gift to support the pastors.
MAP OF IMPACT