Ultimately, clean water provides hope for a new future.
Water is our most basic and vital need in life. Without it, nothing can happen. Nothing can grow. But with it, everything changes. Clean water quenches thirst — but it also restores health. Access to clean water brings life back to a community.
WHERE WE WORK
We focus our efforts on a forgotten group of People: the Pokot. People whom we know and love. People we consider dear friends. They are also extremely impoverished, neglected, and marginalized; which is why we are committed to investing in their lives. Over the past thirteen years, we’ve entered into a partnership with the Pokot Outreach Ministry (POM) to provide HOPE –one clean water well at a time.
Ways to support Hope Water Project!
Join a Team - 2018 Season
Congratulations on your decision to join Hope Water Project! We are here to help you! Please review the following steps carefully and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
1. Register for the event! From the list below, navigate to the appropriate website to register for the ride/race.
- Hope Water Project 4th Annual 5K (6/2/18) REGISTER HERE
- Assenmacher Cycling Tour (8/19/18) REGISTER HERE *Once you receive your confirmation of registration, please email it to email@example.com
- Sleeping Bear Marathon (10/6/18) REGISTER HERE *Once you receive your confirmation of registration, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detroit Free Press Marathon (10/20/18 – 10/21/18) REGISTER HERE *You will be prompted to select your charity partner, please be sure to select “Hope Water Project”.
2. Review the information! Visit the “Resources” link on the Hope Water Project website for important information about the team and the individual training plans.
3. Purchase your jersey! Go here to purchase one today!
4. Connect! Be sure to connect with us on social media and learn more about the amazing community of people to train with and gain support from! In addition to our main Hope Water Project Facebook page, there are individual groups you can follow that provide updates from the local community!
HWP Resource Packets
We have put together information for you that will help as you prepare for your event in 2018!
- The team packet includes information about the Hope Water Project, our general team instructions, contacts and event information.
- The training plans are broken out by event type and experience level. Download the appropriate plan and start today!
- - Assenmacher 100 Mile Training Plan
- - Assenmacher 66 Mile Training Plan
Assenmacher Cycling Tour (8/19/18)
- - Marathon Training Plan for New Runner/Walker
- - Marathon Training Plan for Experienced Runner/Walker
- - Half Marathon Training Plan for New Runner/Walker
- - Half Marathon Training Plan for Experienced Runner/Walker
Sleeping Bear Marathon (10/6/18) Traverse City
Detroit Free Press Marathon (10/20/18 – 10/21/18) Detroit
Why we do it
Hope Water Project exists to reveal Jesus through access to clean water. Clean water means saves time and restores health. The hours spent each day looking for water instead becomes time to work, care for children, or go to school.
How we do it
Hope Water Project works with trusted partners on the ground to drill wells. Through our partner organizations, we steward the appropriate amount of knowledge and resources that are sustained through a high degree of local project ownership. Our project crews navigate unimaginable terrain, drill wells and maintain equipment, and assist in building flourishing communities once clean water is flowing.
Over the past thirteen years over 100 wells have been installed. With each one, villages have grown, lives have been saved, communities have been formed, and thousands of people have heard the Gospel for the first time. We have witnessed firsthand the amazing impact clean water can have.
Support a Pastor
Having a source of water also gives Kensington an opportunity to financially support a pastor in each village — who will provide support for village pastors is energized through the Kensington Fund. Make a gift to support the pastors.